One individual was severely burned and 50 individuals have been displaced after a fireplace at an house complicated in Rutland, Massachusetts, Friday afternoon.
The hearth on the 24-unit Countryside Estates complicated on Maple Avenue broke out round 2:30 p.m. Crews have since gotten it beneath management.
Based on the Rutland hearth chief, heavy hearth was coming from a second-flooring house, trapping some individuals on the second and third-flooring balconies.
Firefighters used ladders to rescue these trapped. One trapped man was taken to UMass Medical with extreme burns. Officers consider the hearth began in his condo as a consequence of careless disposal of smoking supplies.
A number of different individuals have been handled outdoors for minor burns and bruises.
The State Hearth Marshal’s Workplace is investigating.